Sunday, April 22, 2012

Can't Ignore Denim

I was flipping through Elle when it hit me square in the face...denim is having a MAJOR moment. On practically every page I turned, a model was pouting prettily in some denim ensemble. Usually I wrinkle my nose at overalls, denim skirts, and denim-on-denim looks, but lately something about those styles screams "Chic!" I've compiled a pretty serious list of every denim piece you need to stay on trend this Spring/Summer. From colored, to patterned, to boyfriend, to classic, there's something for every denim lover.

The Re-Vamped Jean Jacket
ASOS Cropped Denim Boyfriend Jacket
Who wants a typical jean jacket when it can be this ridiculously cool overdyed peachy red color? How cute would this be over a patterned bra top paired with a high waisted skirt and wedges? Umm, can I have it now?!?

The Patterned Jean & The Pop of Color

 Elizabeth & James Low Rise Skinny Jeans/[BlankNYC] Skinny Jeans
The print of these crop-legged lovelies is called "Spearmint Python." They're begging to be further toughened up with a black leather motorcycle jacket and classic black pumps. You could always go floral print instead, but IMO python print is heaps more stylish.

I debated over every color in the rainbow, but eventually settled on this pretty turquoise hue. I've discovered that this color looks awesome with orange, which might sound weird, but trust me, it does. Another life-changing colored denim discovery I've made is that every color looks good with leopard print, as the model is demonstrating here. Pair these skinnies with an orange dip-dyed top and copy those leopard flats and your look is sure to be a color blocking win.

The Classic Denim Shirt
American Apparel Unisex Denim Long Sleeve Button-Up Shirt
Throw it over a bikini, your favorite tank, or a striped long sleeve tee on those random chilly days. Wear it with a light Springy scarf, over a casual dress, or pop the collar and tie up the ends. This denim shirt is definitely the most versatile item in your Spring wardrobe. It's a perfect go-to piece when you don't have time to put together a fussy outfit, or when you need to add another layer. Since it's "unisex" buy it two sizes too big, belt it, and wear it on its own as a dress. The "I stole this from my boyfriend's closet" look is always a good one.

The Crocheted Cutoffs
NastyGal Crochet Bonita Cutoff Shorts
I love the way these cheeky denim cutoffs are styled on the model. Since the crochet detail is so eye-catching, going for a simple easy blouse is key. Add a thin belt and some gold jewelry, and you're ready to parade those legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment