Friday, March 2, 2012

Pin Happy

If you've yet to explore the wildly popular and addictive social media site Pinterest, get on that. While it sometimes distracts me from paying attention in class, and keeps me entertained for hours when I should be doing something more productive, Pinterest definitely has a positive effect as well. The fashion pins inspire me to put together outfits that I never would've on my own. The beauty and hair pins encourage me to try trendy makeup and intricate updos instead of just sticking to my normal routine, and with recipe pins I can pretend like I know how to cook. I've found that Pinterest can spark an interest in almost any subject. I very recently created my account. If you request an invite from the site, it seems to take a while to process. Asking a friend to invite you may be a quicker way to get pinning. While you're working on that, take a look at some of my favorite fashion pinners and get inspired!

eat.sleep.wear. -Located in Philadelphia, this style savvy pinner has a well-known personal style blog of the same name. Kimberly, the fashionista behind eat.sleep.wear., is also a graphic designer and self-proclaimed cupcake enthusiast. Her pinboards range from fashion and beauty, to graphic design, food, daydreams and inspiration. She's pretty popular on the site, boasting a whopping 474,387 followers.

refinery29 -I was ecstatic to see that one of my favorite sites for fashion news has latched on to the pinning craze. Refinery29 promises to discover the newest and best in style, shopping, and emerging trends from the runways to the streets. Their boards do just that, providing exclusive backstage pics from fashion week, new product reviews, and photos that were the result of serious shoe stalking. If you're looking for the latest in fashion, refinery29 is the place to find it.

Lauren Conrad -Everyone's favorite fashion success story has ditched her humble hometown of Laguna Beach and is pinning straight from Los Angeles. She keeps it simple, titling her pinboards with one word descriptions such as wear, primp, and dine. If you're planning to nab LC's signature beach babe style, joining her 34,982 Pinterest followers would be a perfect place to start.

Caitlin Bright  -Don't forget to follow me! I just started pinning, so my boards are not as extensive as most, but I'm getting there. Currently, I only have 3 followers, so I need all the help I can get.

Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment